My Crazy Kids

My Crazy Kids

Friday 18 October 2013

Christmas is a time for giving

Every year for about five years now at Christmas time I have helped organise and run a Christmas raffle where all the proceeds have gone to a various charity.

This year will be no different. I have already started emailing different companies asking them to kindly donate a prize towards our raffle.

I say this year will be no different to any other year I will do my bit for charity, but it will, for this year I will putting all my effort (and some more) into raising as much money as I can for the Lullaby Trust.

Why the Lullaby Trust? I was asked while I was promoting our event, well I said, the reason why I personally chose the Lullaby Trust is very very simple. A very good friend of ours Jennie Henley lost her little treasured angel MatildaMae to infant cot death.

Jennie and some very special family and friends are doing all they physically can to promote the Lullaby Trust and the everlasting memory of  MatildaMae.

My wife and I asked Myleen Klass if she would be so kind as to blow bubbles to the sky in a tribute to MatildaMae when we we're lucky enough to meet her in Merry Hill Centre this summer.

  

Although that was a fitting little tribute to an angel in the sky, I did't think that was enough for me, I wanted to show my support in another way. So I decided that whatever we raise from our Christmas raffle would be donated to the Lullaby Trust in memory of little MatildaMae.

I have tried to reach out far and wide for prizes for the raffle. So far our local Kingswinford Co-Op store have kindly donated some nice bottles of wine and so very generously Worcester Cricket Club have donated two match day ticket to a game of the recipients choice but my biggest coup so far is from Worcester Rugby Club who have so very kindly donated four, yes four match day tickets to a game of the winners choosing.




I really hope that between now and the beginning of December our prize list will continue to grow and that we can raise alot of money for such a worthy cause and in memory of Jennies little angel MatildaMae.

Post Comment Love


17 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and a lovely idea. I really hope you get lots of prizes to raise even more money in Matilda Mae's memory and in support of Jennie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful thing to do! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful thing to do, some fab prizes already. I'm sure you'll be able to raise lots of funds and awareness in memory of Matilda Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea - and such a worthy cause in memory of Matilda Mae, and lots of other families affected by SIDs. All the very best with this :) Thank you for linking to PoCoLo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to do and for such a great cause x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a selfless thing to do for a wonderful cause!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've found a wonderful cause to raise money for and in memory of Matilda Mae. Here's hoping you get masses and masses and masses of prizes in order to raise money to help other families.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for reading my post and for your kind words fingers crossed we get loads more prizes and raise loads and loads of much deserved funds for the lullaby trust and in memory of Matilda Mae

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful thing to do for a very deserving charity. I hope you managed to get lots more prizes.

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done - this is such a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful thing to do. Such a kind idea and a great charity choice this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant idea. Such a lovely thing to do for Matilda Mae and the Lullaby Trust. Jennie is such an inspiration. What a fantastic post, thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful thing to do in memory of Matilda Mae. I hope your raffle goes really well, it's such a deserving cause, and Jennie is such an inspiration. #WhatstheStory

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are some wonderful people out there that have donated so far hopefully the donations keep coming in Thanks everyone for reasding this post

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a good cause. A Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're doing a fabulous thing - and Jennie has raised the profile of the Lullaby trust so much x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! Hope you raise loads of money :) #BlogLoveDay11

    ReplyDelete